3rd Shift Maintenance Technician
- Job Ref:
- 3518 Dillon Rd, Jamestown, NC 27282
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
When Alfred Fain founded a small Rhode Island tire store in 1924, at the time no one could have predicted how Teknor Apex would become an international custom compounder sought out by companies around the world. After a nearly hundred-year journey that’s carried us through acquisitions and expansion, we now have nine U.S. locations, as well as operations in Belgium, Singapore, Germany, and China.
Throughout this global expansion Teknor has remained a privately held company, and today Fain’s grandson sits at the helm, maintaining the family’s tradition of fostering deep employee and customer relationships. These relationships are what allow us—together—to deliver customized compound solutions and help our customer’s create better products.
“Manufacturing is a team sport and we work together to achieve our goals.” ~Jon Fain, CEO
Join the team behind our custom compounds.
You will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Working safely is a condition of employment. Understand safety best practices and ensure that all safety procedures are followed.
- Use electrical test equipment to test electrical circuits and equipment and install conduit, wires, breakers, fuses, starters, motors and other electrical equipment in accordance with the National Electric Code.
- Install, service, replace and repair instrumentation electronics and other electrical devices.
- Perform and document calibration of instrumentation, scales and balances.
- Specify, install and troubleshoot AC and DC motors and motor drives.
- Understand PLC operations, troubleshooting and ladder logic diagrams.
- Perform electrical PMs and complete work order documentation.
- Wire control cabinets from a drawing or a schematic.
- Read and interpret documentation such as electrical schematics, manuals and technical bulletins.
- Operate maintenance shop equipment.
- Use electrical tester to safely check power, fuses, breakers and switches.
- Operate a forklift, scissor lift and jenny boom.
- Plan and organize individual work.
- Install service and repair all equipment in a timely manner.
- Provide and maintain proper hand tools.
- Maintain good housekeeping throughout plant and shop.
- Understand and follow all safety procedures.
- Other duties and related responsibilities as required
- Associates degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field needed. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Be able to lift thirty pounds over their head at least 4 times in 8 hours.
- Be able to climb and work from Ladder.
Teknor apex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any protected status under state or federal laws.
Must be 18 years of age to work at Teknor Apex.
Shift- 3rd shift 10:00pm - 6:30am
Position will train on first shift and then will transition to 3rd shift once training is completed.