3rd Shift Mechanic Technician
- Job Ref:
- 1092 N Old Laurens Rd, Fountain Inn, SC 29644
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
When Alfred Fain founded a small Rhode Island tire store in 1924, at the time no one could have predicted how Teknor Apex would become an international custom compounder sought out by companies around the world. After a nearly hundred-year journey that’s carried us through acquisitions and expansion, we now have nine U.S. locations, as well as operations in Belgium, Singapore, Germany, and China.
Throughout this global expansion Teknor has remained a privately held company, and today Fain’s grandson sits at the helm, maintaining the family’s tradition of fostering deep employee and customer relationships. These relationships are what allow us—together—to deliver customized compound solutions and help our customer’s create better products.
“Manufacturing is a team sport and we work together to achieve our goals.” ~Jon Fain, CEO
Join the team behind our custom compounds.
You will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Understand and follow all safety procedures.
- Service, replace and repair hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical devices.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment including pumps, motors, compressors, conveyors, blowers, dust collectors, fans, filters, heat exchangers, tanks, valves, gearboxes, extruders and other production equipment.
- Install, maintain and repair piping systems.
- Fabricate parts, weld, cut and install metalwork.
- Perform equipment PMs and complete work order documentation.
- Have general knowledge of boiler room/facilities equipment such as boilers, pumps, de-aerator, control room, air compressors, chiller, dryers, pneumatic controls, valves & HVAC.
- Operate maintenance shop equipment.
- Read & interpret documentation such as drawings, manuals and technical bulletins.
- Use electrical tester to safely check power, fuses, breakers and switches.
- Operate a forklift, scissor lift and jenny boom.
- Plan and organize individual work.
- Install service and repair all equipment in a timely manner.
- Have and maintain proper hand tools.
- Maintain good housekeeping throughout plant and shop.
- Other duties and related responsibilities as required.
This job requires operation of a fork truck, scissor lift, JLG.
This job may require occasional operation of a company truck/vehicle; valid driver’s license required.
Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors) required.
- Three to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field needed. High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
Teknor Apex has a long-standing history of caring for its employees. We are committed to the philosophy of providing employees with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
- Medical w/prescription drug coverage
- Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401k w/company match
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Wellness Program
- Service Recognition
- On Site Medical Clinic
Shift Available: 3rd Shift- 10:30pm - 7:00am
Teknor apex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any protected status under state or federal laws.
Must be 18 years of age to work at Teknor Apex.