Assembler Hose (2nd & 3rd Shift)
- Job Ref:
- 751 Dupree St, Brownsville, TN 38012
- Production and Operator
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Check production schedule to determine the finished hose scheduled and table assignment.
- Identify proper raw materials required for the product at the assigned finishing table by reviewing the Batch Card.
- Check Automatic Counter for proper setting of specific hose lengths.
- Depress pedal on cutter machine to activate the hose to be run.
- Install proper fittings on expander machines, assemble hose and fittings together, depress foot pedal of expander machine, remove hose and repeat same process.
- (a) Install male end of hose into the winding machine, coil, attach label, secure hose coil with straps or wire ties, visually inspect, assemble carton, put label on side of carton, and place hose coil in carton and/or on belt conveyor.
(b) Repeat procedure until carton is filled with the designated quantities of hose. Slide carton onto belt conveyor
- Ability to recognize quality problems.
- Must attain the productivity standards that are established by the company.
- Maintain accurate daily production records.
- Understand and adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Perform related responsibilities as require or directed.
- Sample/Order Preparation/Carton Labels
- Print labels using computerized label printer and supply to the assemblers to place on cartons
- Understanding and ability to perform all required quality checks including length checks.
- Ability to train employees on processes and procedures
- Ability to demonstrate operational decision as required, maintaining production levels.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or directed.
- Supply other miscellaneous operational supplies to the tables as required.
- Supply finishing tables with unassembled cartons as required
- Understand quality parameters and requirements as required to fill customer return orders as well.
Under the general supervision of the Crew Leader and the Assembly Department Manager responsible for the assigned shifts as scheduled.
- Assemble and secure proper fittings to ends of hoses using internal or external Expansion Machine.
- Coil hoses, attach labels, secure with wire ties, visually inspect, place directly onto the take away belt or in cartons and slide cartons onto conveyor belt.
- Cross train to supply unassembled cartons to finishing tables, operate computerized label printer and perform required quality checks.
- Maintain production records and distribute copies to the designated appropriate persons.
- Finished goods visual quality inspection.
- Ability to operate in a self-directed environment and complete tasks on time and thoroughly as assigned.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, squat, bend, twist and turn as needed to perform the job.
- Must possess good manual and mechanical dexterity to perform job duties. Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.