- Job Ref:
- 2224 Atlanta Hwy SW, Gainesville, GA 30504
- Production and Operator
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
When Alfred Fain founded a small Rhode Island tire store in 1924, at the time no one could have predicted how Teknor Apex would become an international custom compounder sought out by companies around the world. After a nearly hundred-year journey that’s carried us through acquisitions and expansion, we now have nine U.S. locations, as well as operations in Belgium, Singapore, Germany, and China.
Throughout this global expansion Teknor has remained a privately held company, and today Fain’s grandson sits at the helm, maintaining the family’s tradition of fostering deep employee and customer relationships. These relationships are what allow us—together—to deliver customized compound solutions and help our customer’s create better products.
“Manufacturing is a team sport and we work together to achieve our goals.” ~Jon Fain, CEO
Join the team behind our custom compounds.
- Perform all job duties in a safe and productive manner.
- Weigh compound ingredients.
- Housekeeping in assigned area.
- Clean out blenders between compound runs. Check and clean exhaust.
- Clean blender area.
- Report any problems with your equipment immediately: this includes any powder, water, steam, and air or oil leaks.
- Assist in cleaning other areas within the department.
- Complete any other assignment given to you by your Crew Leader or Supervisor.
- Maintain a reasonable level of quality production
- Assist other blender loaders when necessary in order to maintain production.
- All blender loader functions listed above.
- Read and understand schedule.
- All Blender Loader functions listed above.
- To make sure that small ingredients are weighed and labeled correctly.
- Ability to read and interpret documents ; must apply common sense understanding and have ability to problem solve.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to and interpret bar graphs.
- Possesses a strong work ethic and has regular and predictable attendance in order to meet the demands of a continuous production environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds multiple times per shift. Employees regularly climb stairs and work in a warm to hot environment.
- Typically trains on first shift for up to four weeks before being assigned to 3rd shift. Works overtime including Saturdays and Sundays as required to meet customer demands.
- Able to drive a forklift safely and with a license. Appropriate PPE is provided and includes certified safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection and respirator as needed,
Teknor Apex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any protected status under state or federal laws.
Must be 18 years of age to work at Teknor Apex.