Chemicals Lab Manager
- Job Ref:
- 751 Dupree St, Brownsville, TN 38012
- Chemist and Lab Tech
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- On a daily basis, reviews employee performance issues, progress towards goals, technical issues, and daily business.
- Plans daily activities of laboratory technicians and Chemist to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- On a daily basis, communicates with internal customers to ensure that needs are being met.
- On a daily basis, provides supervisory responsibility for direct reports.
- On a daily basis, ensures Company safety procedures along with state and federal laws/regulations are being adhered to and promotes all Company policies related to safety, quality, environmental, and human resources.
- On a weekly basis, evaluates customer complaints to determine root cause. Recommends and evaluates corrective action. Prepares written response to customers when requested.
- On a weekly basis, coordinates and consults with Sales & Marketing, and the Technical group to solve problems for customers.
- On a weekly basis, provides front line technical support, advice, and direction to customers.
- On a weekly basis, tracks and reports progress relative to lab goals via: weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to direct supervisor and senior management.
- On a monthly basis, or more often if needed basis, conducts scheduled lab meetings to identify training and equipment needs, as well as to resolve conflicts, amend/adopt procedures, and enhance communication among lab employees.
- On a monthly basis, consults with technical group and vendor technical group to seek new approaches to product improvement.
- On a monthly basis, establishes training objectives for employees at various skill levels and outlines methods to achieve objectives. Assists employees with career planning.
- On a monthly basis, reviews lab expenses to ensure costs remain within the established budget.
- On a quarterly basis, evaluates, and documents employee performance. Provides feedback relative to employee goals. Documents and implements disciplinary action.
- On an as needed basis, develops test methods and SOP’s and ensure that effective training is performed for these methods.
- Oversee the repair of faulty equipment or instruments so that these issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Operates laboratory equipment to complete chemical analyses as required.
- Coordinates laboratory and production issues with appropriate personnel.
- Receives assignments directly from Technical Managers.
- Develops new and improved analytical procedures.
- Writes technical reports to document experimental results, including entering results in MOVEX, and laboratory investigations.
- Completes more complex written/verbal assignment for presentations.
- Participates in quality/productivity improvement teams.
- Has responsibility for the OSR system.
- Ensures that laboratory work areas are maintained and kept clean and orderly.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a chemical laboratory or other technology environment experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a supervisory or managerial role required.
- Work consists of moderately complex procedures and tasks where basic analytic ability is required as in the comparison of numbers, selection of appropriate guidelines and procedures, or identification of appropriate actions to follow.
- Thorough knowledge of analytical techniques (AA, GC, IR, etc.) and instrumentation maintenance and repair.
- Excellent communications (verbal and written), organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Sound knowledge of general organic chemistry.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Good planning and time management skills.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to function within a team environment.
Join Our Talent Network
Teknor Apex Glassdoor Reviews and Ratings
Reviews and Ratings on
"Amazing Experience! Great People to work for..."
- Processing Technician in Henderson, KY