Chemicals Process Engineer
- Job Ref:
- 751 Dupree St, Brownsville, TN 38012
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Oversee new project installations and design.
- Help coordinate preventative maintenance, annual shutdown work, spare part inventories, and Maintenance downtime tracking and reduction.
- Manage and optimize PLC controls and recommend and implement upgrades to improve plant controls.
- Daily tracking of downtime, determining root causes, and implementing corrective actions.
- Utilize Historian database and Six Sigma techniques for troubleshooting equipment and making plant improvements.
- Work with other members of the team to coordinate and conduct new product development trials.
- Maintain equipment tracking systems and optimize critical spare part documentation and management.
- Work with equipment vendors and technical service reps to ensure equipment and processes are state-of-the-art.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- BS or MS in Electrical or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- 2 – 4 years of engineering experience preferred.
- Good understanding of PLC logic, controls systems, and chemical manufacturing equipment preferred.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Exposure to Six Sigma and Lean Experience preferred.
- Ability to work in and support an ISO 9000 environment.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Able to climb ladders/stairs to reach all plant equipment.
Join Our Talent Network
Teknor Apex Glassdoor Reviews and Ratings
Reviews and Ratings on
"Amazing Experience! Great People to work for..."
- Processing Technician in Henderson, KY