Chemicals Utility Operator - Rotating Shifts
- Job Ref:
- 751 Dupree St, Brownsville, TN 38012
- Production and Operator
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Read logbook and schedule daily.
- Accept direction from Supervisor, as well as Managers.
- Responsible for charging batches correctly and efficiently.
- Responsible for product filtration.
- Operate forklifts, electric lifts, pallet jacks, and air hoists to transport, stage, and charge supersacks of raw materials.
- The Operator must not leave the plant until relieved by the next shift Operator or approval given by the Plant Manager.
- Responsible for housekeeping of work area.
- Must follow appropriate plant safety procedures.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Managers.
- Correctly and completely fill out batch sheet for each batch.
- Clearly and effectively communicate with Supervisors, Managers, and other Chemicals Plant personnel, both orally and in writing.
- Responsible for prevention of product contamination.
- Responsible for correct information on documentation related to the job.
- Comprehend written procedures and instructions.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide as required to perform job.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must complete written operator’s proficiency test for evaluation purposes before transferring to this job (effective 01/93).
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Able to climb ladders and stairs to reach tops of tanks, trucks and rail cars.
- Able to handle 55-gallon drums (550 lbs.) with hand drum moving equipment.
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Handle 50 lb. bags of material.
- Able to wear required safety equipment.
- Able to move 2000 lb. “Super Sacks” by rolling on overhead hoist or with palletjack.
Join Our Talent Network
Teknor Apex Glassdoor Reviews and Ratings
Reviews and Ratings on
"Amazing Experience! Great People to work for..."
- Processing Technician in Henderson, KY