- Job Ref:
- 3518 Dillon Rd, Jamestown, NC 27282
- Production and Operator
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
When Alfred Fain founded a small Rhode Island tire store in 1924, at the time no one could have predicted how Teknor Apex would become an international custom compounder sought out by companies around the world. After a nearly hundred-year journey that’s carried us through acquisitions and expansion, we now have nine U.S. locations, as well as operations in Belgium, Singapore, Germany, and China.
Throughout this global expansion Teknor has remained a privately held company, and today Fain’s grandson sits at the helm, maintaining the family’s tradition of fostering deep employee and customer relationships. These relationships are what allow us—together—to deliver customized compound solutions and help our customer’s create better products.
“Manufacturing is a team sport and we work together to achieve our goals.” ~Jon Fain, CEO
Join the team behind our custom compounds.
- Maintain a clean, safe and efficient work area.
- Maintaining accurate records and notes.
- Follow manufacturing procedures to achieve quality standards.
- Adhere to proper and safe fork truck operation.
- Be able to take apart, clean, and reassemble equipment.
- Assist other line operators when needed.
- Additional duties as required/requested.
- Work using Lean manufacturing techniques.
- Use of computers to access information, enter data and document information.
- Collaborate with colleagues to maximize efficiency of our processes.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to lift up to 55lbs
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred: Forklift experience a plus.
- Basic math skills
- Ability to follow and understand written work instructions.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Attention to quality and detail
- Must be willing to work in a team environment & assist co-workers in various roles within the manufacturing department.
Teknor Apex has a long-standing history of caring for its employees. We are committed to the philosophy of providing employees with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
- Medical w/prescription drug coverage
- Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401k w/company match
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Wellness Program
- Service Recognition
- On Site Medical Clinic
Teknor Apex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any protected status under state or federal laws.
Must be 18 years of age to work at Teknor Apex.