Continuous Improvement Engineer
- Job Ref:
- 751 Dupree St, Brownsville, TN 38012
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
When Alfred Fain founded a small Rhode Island tire store in 1924, at the time no one could have predicted how Teknor Apex would become an international custom compounder sought out by companies around the world. After a nearly hundred-year journey that’s carried us through acquisitions and expansion, we now have nine U.S. locations, as well as operations in Belgium, Singapore, Germany, and China.
Throughout this global expansion Teknor has remained a privately held company, and today Fain’s grandson sits at the helm, maintaining the family’s tradition of fostering deep employee and customer relationships. These relationships are what allow us—together—to deliver customized compound solutions and help our customer’s create better products.
“Manufacturing is a team sport and we work together to achieve our goals.” ~Jon Fain, CEO
Join the team behind our custom compounds.
You will be responsible for performing the following duties:
Teknor Apex is seeking a highly motivated and results-driven Continuous Improvement Engineer with experience in data visualization tools, process optimization and dashboards to join our team. As a Continuous Improvement Engineer, you will be responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing process improvement initiatives throughout the company to establish and enhance efficiency, quality, and safety with a focus on cost savings. Your expertise in lean manufacturing principles, data analysis, and problem-solving will be instrumental in driving a culture of continuous improvement and achieving operational excellence. Demonstrated experience operating in a manufacturing environment while creating information visualization, information flow tracking, optimization, and process modeling is key to success.
- As a Continuous Improvement Engineer, you will be responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing process improvement initiatives throughout the company to establish and enhance efficiency, quality, and safety with a focus on cost savings.
- Your expertise in lean manufacturing principles, data analysis, and problem-solving will be instrumental in driving a culture of continuous improvement and achieving operational excellence.
- Demonstrated experience creating information visualization, information flow tracking, optimization, and process modeling is key to success.
- Process Analysis and Optimization: Conduct comprehensive assessments of existing manufacturing processes, address gaps where defined processes are required, identify bottlenecks, inefficiencies, and areas for improvement.
- Develop and implement strategies to document processes, optimize processes, and assist in establishing key performance indicators (KPIs) and make processes visual.
- Own process documentation and optimization starting from the define phase through the control phase (full implementation)
- Lean Manufacturing Initiatives: Lead and support the implementation of lean principles, such as 5S, value stream mapping, and visual management, to eliminate waste, improve workflow, create and capture cost savings as well as enhance overall plant performance.
- Data-Driven Decision Making: Analyze and make readily available production data, performance metrics, and other KPIs to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for improvement.
- Use data-driven insights to guide decision-making and prioritize improvement projects and develop site dashboards.
- Continuous Improvement Projects: Lead or participate in cross-functional improvement projects, collaborating with various departments and teams to drive process improvements, cost reduction, and operational excellence.
- Root Cause Analysis: Utilize root cause analysis methodologies to identify the underlying causes of production issues, deviations, and quality concerns.
- Develop and implement effective corrective and preventive actions to address these issues.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs): Develop, update, and maintain comprehensive SOPs for various manufacturing processes to ensure consistency and compliance with company and industry standards.
- Change Management: Assist in change management efforts related to process improvements, ensuring successful adoption and sustainability of changes throughout the organization.
- Safety and Environmental Compliance: Collaborate with safety and environmental teams to ensure that all process improvements and changes align with safety regulations, environmental standards, and company policies.
- Best Practices Sharing: Benchmark Teknor Apex and industry best practices and stay abreast of the latest advancements in continuous improvement methodologies, incorporating relevant strategies into the company’s improvement initiatives.
- Other assignments and responsibilities assigned by Supervisor.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or 7+ years of equivalent experience in Continuous Improvement
- Proven experience in process improvement, lean manufacturing, or related roles within process or discrete manufacturing industry
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes, equipment, and industry standards
- Proficiency in process modeling, data analysis, statistical tools, and process mapping techniques
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to lead cross-functional teams in implementing improvement projects
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying complex ideas to diverse audiences
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and foster a culture of continuous improvement (Kaizen experience Preferred)
- Demonstrated results in adding financial value, streamlining processes, increasing production, improving quality and delivering financial results is required
- Travel: >25%
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to perform duties under specific time requirements
- Ability to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone