- Job Ref:
- 1092 N Old Laurens Rd, Fountain Inn, SC 29644
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
When Alfred Fain founded a small Rhode Island tire store in 1924, at the time no one could have predicted how Teknor Apex would become an international custom compounder sought out by companies around the world. After a nearly hundred-year journey that’s carried us through acquisitions and expansion, we now have nine U.S. locations, as well as operations in Belgium, Singapore, Germany, and China.
Throughout this global expansion Teknor has remained a privately held company, and today Fain’s grandson sits at the helm, maintaining the family’s tradition of fostering deep employee and customer relationships. These relationships are what allow us—together—to deliver customized compound solutions and help our customer’s create better products.
“Manufacturing is a team sport and we work together to achieve our goals.” ~Jon Fain
As part of our Plant Engineering team the Electrical Engineer will design, purchase, manage and document electrical and controls projects or segments of projects. This will include modifications, upgrades, replacement and new installation of any manufacturing equipment or systems within the plant. This position is also responsible for advanced electrical and controls troubleshooting. They are involved in all aspects of a project, from start to finish, often acting not only as the creative lead, but as the team leader as well. Duties include:
- Participate as electrical/controls engineer on multidiscipline project teams.
- Design power distribution for modifications and new equipment
- Perform HMI design.
- Write or modify PLC Programs on new and existing equipment.
- Configure and troubleshoot VFD’s.
- Perform network design on new projects and system upgrades.
- Troubleshoot and/or facilitate troubleshooting of advanced maintenance related electrical/controls issues.
- Contact manufacturers and vendors for materials required to support proposed design.
- Obtain contract help for engineering discipline on projects and maintain a workable relationship with outside contractors.
- Provide assistance in retrieving past and present project information.
- Ensure Company safety procedures are being adhered to
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering technology (BSEET), preferably from an ABET accredited institution.
- 0-5 years of manufacturing electrical and controls experience in the following:
- HMI Design
- PLC Programming and troubleshooting
- VFD Configuration and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with Ethernet/IP and networking practices
- Rockwell Automation/Allen Bradley experience with Rs Logix 5, 500, 5000, Studio 5000 / FactoryTalk ME / Power flex Drives.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- People-centric approach to daily business tasks and interactions
- Extrusion experience
- Experience with Ignition HMI (Inductive Automation)
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Solid works electrical for drafting
- Working knowledge of plant power distribution equipment and controls
Teknor Apex has a long-standing history of caring for its employees. We are committed to the philosophy of providing employees with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
- Relocation Assistance
- Medical w/prescription drug coverage
- Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401k w/company match
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Wellness Program
Available Shift: 1st shift