Hose Assembler (2nd & 3rd Shift)
- Job Ref:
- 751 Dupree St, Brownsville, TN 38012
- Production and Operator
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
When Alfred Fain founded a small Rhode Island tire store in 1924, at the time no one could have predicted how Teknor Apex would become an international custom compounder sought out by companies around the world. After a nearly hundred-year journey that’s carried us through acquisitions and expansion, we now have nine U.S. locations, as well as operations in Belgium, Singapore, Germany, and China.
Throughout this global expansion Teknor has remained a privately held company, and today Fain’s grandson sits at the helm, maintaining the family’s tradition of fostering deep employee and customer relationships. These relationships are what allow us—together—to deliver customized compound solutions and help our customer’s create better products.
“Manufacturing is a team sport and we work together to achieve our goals.” ~Jon Fain, CEO
Join the team behind our custom compounds.
- Check production schedule to determine the finished hose scheduled and table assignment.
- Identify proper raw materials required for the product at the assigned finishing table by reviewing the Batch Card.
- Check Automatic Counter for proper setting of specific hose lengths.
- Depress pedal on cutter machine to activate the hose to be run.
- Install proper fittings on expander machines, assemble hose and fittings together, depress foot pedal of expander machine, remove hose and repeat same process.
(a) Install male end of hose into the winding machine, coil, attach label, secure hose coil with straps or wire ties, visually inspect, assemble carton, put label on side of carton, and place hose coil in carton and/or on belt conveyor.
(b) Repeat procedure until carton is filled with the designated quantities of hose. Slide carton onto belt conveyor
Skills / Requirements:
- Ability to recognize quality problems.
- Must attain the productivity standards that are established by the company.
- Maintain accurate daily production records.
- Understand and adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Perform related responsibilities as require or directed.
- Sample/Order Preparation/Carton Labels
- Print labels using computerized label printer and supply to the assemblers to place on cartons.
- Understanding and ability to perform all required quality checks including length checks.
- Ability to train employees on processes and procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate operational decision as required, maintaining production levels.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or directed.
- Supply other miscellaneous operational supplies to the tables as required.
- Supply finishing tables with unassembled cartons as required.
- Understand quality parameters and requirements as required to fill customer return orders as well.
- Ability to read and write as acquired through a high school education or the equivalent.
- Ability to operate in a self-directed environment and complete tasks on time and thoroughly as assigned.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, squat, bend, twist and turn as needed to perform the job.
- Must possess good manual and mechanical dexterity to perform job duties. Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
Join the Teknor Apex Team and you will enjoy many perks and benefits:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision with extremely LOW deductibles
• Low-cost insurance plan - 85% paid by the company
• Wellness program to earn substantial discounts for medical premiums
• Up to 7% Employer Contribution to 401K
• Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays
• $500 Sign on Bonus - $250 paid after 30 days and remaining $250 paid after 90 days
• Pay Increases throughout the first year of employment and annual merit increases
• Quarterly Perfect Attendance Incentives
• Employee Recognition Program – earn points to purchase a wide variety of amazing products
WHEN YOU TREAT EMPLOYEES WITH RESPECT, SUCCESS FOLLOWS.