Hose Assembler - Weekend shift (7:00am-7:00pm), and one additional day throughout the week
- Job Ref:
- 1092 N Old Laurens Rd, Fountain Inn, SC 29644
- Production and Operator
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
When Alfred Fain founded a small Rhode Island tire store in 1924, at the time no one could have predicted how Teknor Apex would become an international custom compounder sought out by companies around the world. After a nearly hundred-year journey that’s carried us through acquisitions and expansion, we now have nine U.S. locations, as well as operations in Belgium, Singapore, Germany, and China.
Throughout this global expansion Teknor has remained a privately held company, and today Fain’s grandson sits at the helm, maintaining the family’s tradition of fostering deep employee and customer relationships. These relationships are what allow us—together—to deliver customized compound solutions and help our customer’s create better products.
“Manufacturing is a team sport and we work together to achieve our goals.” ~Jon Fain, CEO
Join the team behind our custom compounds.
As an Assembler in the Hose Assembly department you will perform the following tasks:
- Assemble and secure proper fittings to ends of hoses using internal Expansion Machine.
- Coils and attach labels with straps to the hose then visually inspect the product before placing it directly onto the take away belt or in cartons.
- Cross train to supply un-assembled cartons to finishing tables, operate computerized label printer and perform required quality checks.
- Maintain production records.
- Perform finished goods visual quality inspection.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Ability to read and write as acquired through a high school education or the equivalent.
- Ability to operate in a self-directed environment and complete tasks on time and thoroughly as assigned.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, squat, bend, twist and turn as needed to perform the job.
- Must possess good manual and mechanical dexterity to perform job duties. Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
Teknor Apex has a long-standing history of caring for its employees. We are committed to the philosophy of providing employees with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
- Medical w/prescription drug coverage
- Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401k w/company match
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Wellness Program
- Service Recognition
- On Site Medical Clinic
Teknor apex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any protected status under state or federal laws.
Must be 18 years of age to work at Teknor Apex.