Hose Assembly Support - Weekend shift (7:00am-7:00pm), and one additional day throughout the week
- Job Ref:
- 1092 N Old Laurens Rd, Fountain Inn, SC 29644
- Production and Operator
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
When Alfred Fain founded a small Rhode Island tire store in 1924, at the time no one could have predicted how Teknor Apex would become an international custom compounder sought out by companies around the world. After a nearly hundred-year journey that’s carried us through acquisitions and expansion, we now have nine U.S. locations, as well as operations in Belgium, Singapore, Germany, and China.
Throughout this global expansion Teknor has remained a privately held company, and today Fain’s grandson sits at the helm, maintaining the family’s tradition of fostering deep employee and customer relationships. These relationships are what allow us—together—to deliver customized compound solutions and help our customer’s create better products.
“Manufacturing is a team sport and we work together to achieve our goals.” ~Jon Fain, CEO
Join the team behind our custom compounds.
RESPONSIBILITIES * QUALIFICATIONS
As an Hose Support Operator in the Hose Assembly department you will perform the following tasks:
- Move 300-400 pound garden hose reels that are staged from the extrusion department and line up each reel.
- Push each reel on to the reel stands for the winding finishing room.
- Thread the end of the hose to the front end of the cutter machine and visually inspect out layer hose on reel for defects.
- Must be able to read, interpret, and loop up scheduled product on batch cards, record production information, and take basic measurements of hose.
- Basic math skills such as addition and subtraction are required as the position requires accurate counting of product in order to match production records.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, squat, bend, twist and turn as needed to perform the job.
- Ability to operate in a self-directed environment and complete tasks on time and thoroughly as assigned.
Teknor Apex has a long-standing history of caring for its employees. We are committed to the philosophy of providing employees with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
Medical w/prescription drug coverage
Dental and Vision
401k w/company match
Holidays and Vacation
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employee Wellness Program
On Site Medical Clinic Available to Employees and Spouses who elect our medical plan
Teknor apex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any protected status under state or federal laws.
Must be 18 years of age to work at Teknor Apex.