Human Resource Generalist
- Job Ref:
- 751 Dupree St, Brownsville, TN 38012
- Human Resources
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
When Alfred Fain founded a small Rhode Island tire store in 1924, at the time no one could have predicted how Teknor Apex would become an international custom compounder sought out by companies around the world. After a nearly hundred-year journey that’s carried us through acquisitions and expansion, we now have nine U.S. locations, as well as operations in Belgium, Singapore, Germany, and China.
Throughout this global expansion Teknor has remained a privately held company, and today Fain’s grandson sits at the helm, maintaining the family’s tradition of fostering deep employee and customer relationships. These relationships are what allow us—together—to deliver customized compound solutions and help our customer’s create better products.
“Manufacturing is a team sport and we work together to achieve our goals.” ~Jon Fain, CEO
Join the team behind our custom compounds.
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all nonexempt and entry-level exempt positions, students, and temporary employees. Manage system for internal job postings and transfer of hourly employees.
- Manage and participate in investigations regarding employee relations.
- Maintains human resource information system records and complies reports from the database.
- Responds to employee questions, ensuring timely and accurate feedback.
- Maintains database for employee evaluations and increases due weekly and annually. Notification to Payroll each week of pay increases due.
- Performs all functions required in UKG HRIS system for hourly employees including hiring, terminating, transfers and other miscellaneous updates.
- Coordinates and organizes employee relations events.
- Interfaces with temporary agencies, maintains temporary database, act as the liaison between the temporary agent and supervisors and reconcile bills.
- Communicate and maintain required FMLA paperwork for hourly and salary employees which includes tracking FMLA and short term disability.
- Respond to initial claim for unemployment compensation and participate in unemployment hearings.
- Assist with questions on policies and procedures for employees and managers.
- Participate in internal and external audits.
- Provide support to the corporate benefits coordinator in the implementation and administration of employee benefits and annual open enrollment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Extensive knowledge of employment law is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel required. Experience with Power Point helpful
- Minimum three years of experience in human resources
- BS Degree required, in related field preferred.
- SHRM-CP certification is preferred.