Maintenance Shift Mechanic 3rd
- Job Ref:
- 31 Fuller St, Leominster, MA 01453
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
Plant Maintenance Mechanic
Night – 12-hour Shift - Flexible
Maintenance Specialists are responsible for routine and non-routine maintenance activities on the sites' manufacturing and process equipment. Daily tasks include performing maintenance in the areas of rotating equipment, pneumatics, and mechanical systems. Technicians coordinate troubleshooting efforts and strive to implement improvements with operations and maintenance as needed to assure the day to day site operation.
As a Maintenance Specialist, you will:
- Exhibit a safety conscious approach to work
- Abide by all workplace policies and procedures
- Be able and willing to effectively communicate, share information, resolve issues, and work with others
- Give and receive both positive and critical feedback in a respectful and professional manner
- Proactively anticipate changes and respond to achieve organizational objectives.
- Be independently motivated to produce results.
- Be able to troubleshoot and maintain various mechanical machines and process equipment
- Be able to understand and prioritize business needs
- Be able to understand, analyze and resolve technical problems throughout the site
- Have a strong work ethic and be self-directed.
- Be willing to continuously learn new skills and new technologies
- Be able to utilize computer software programs for work related activities
- Be able to operate a forklift, scissor lift
- Be punctual and demonstrate reliable attendance
- Be able to complete precision work including but not limited to: Welding, Pipe Fitting, Rigging, Lubrication
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED or equivalent is required; a 2-year technical/vocational degree in a related field is strongly preferred
- A minimum of four (4) years relevant professional work (general mechanic, pipefitter, chemical manufacturing, refinery, etc.) is preferred.
- Millwright and/or precision mechanic experience is preferred.
- General knowledge of basic electrical gear, motors, and controls.
- Able to read, write, and comprehend documents in English is desired.
- Must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include wearing safety equipment, such as earplugs, gloves, safety glasses, hardhats, and steel-toed shoes are required.
- While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to stand; walk (up and down stairs); twist; bend; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or climb for extended periods of time; and will require the ability to lift and/or move up to 45 pounds is required.
- Must be willing to work night shift.