Plastics Lab Technician - 2nd Shift (3pm -11pm)
- Job Ref:
- 751 Dupree St, Brownsville, TN 38012
- Chemist and Lab Tech
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Tests and records in-process physical properties on compounds for compliance to internal and customer specifications. Must also be able to do the same for testing done after the run.
- Specifies and records adjustments (when applicable) to be made to any compound which does not meet specifications.
- Places all material failing to meet specifications and requirements on Quality Hold (unless adjusted into specification and even then, if a major adjustment has been made.)
- Performs any additional testing or inspection as specified by the Plastics Laboratory Manager or the Technical Manager.
- Must be proficient in the applicable M3 programs and any additional required basic computer skills.
- Must package samples as needed for testing at the Chemicals Laboratory or the Corporate Analytical Laboratory. Must carry samples to the Chemicals Laboratory or prepare samples for shipment to outside labs or facilities as needed.
- Must perform all calibration or verification of calibration procedures as required.
- Must be able to do the required testing and approval procedures for raw materials.
- Must be able to perform investigations and do the required testing on customer complaints.
- Must go into the production area or warehouse as necessary to take samples, perform inspections, retrieve retained samples, or place quality hold tags on material.
- Must move retain boxes of pellet samples, raw materials, extruded tapes, etc. as needed.
- Perform any additional duties or assignments as requested by the Hose Production Management Team.
- Individual must have a minimum of a high school education or GED equivalency or must have a satisfactory job performance for two years at TA/TN Company prior to starting present position.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and to physically perform all Plastics Laboratory tests.
- Must be able to go into production area, warehouse, or Chemicals Laboratory as needed to perform the job.
- Must be able to use a computer to perform essential M3 functions.
Join Our Talent Network
Teknor Apex Glassdoor Reviews and Ratings
Reviews and Ratings on
"Amazing Experience! Great People to work for..."
- Processing Technician in Henderson, KY