Plastics Plant Manager
- Job Ref:
- 751 Dupree St, Brownsville, TN 38012
- Production and Operator
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Promote safety awareness and monitors safety programs and trends.
- Direct and controls all departmental activities consistent within plant goals, i.e., safety production, waste, scrap, and human relations while maintaining lowest costs for production.
- Ensure manufacturing capabilities meet or exceed all customer requirements for cost, quality, and responsiveness.
- Ensure key manufacturing metrics and key performance indicator systems are consistently tracking the appropriate measures and driving appropriate response behaviors.
- Ensure that proper standards of orderliness and cleanliness are maintained in areas of responsibility.
- Passionately drives continuous improvement culture.
- Build an exceptional team to deliver results and enhance employee engagement.
- Communicate effectively with site leaders, managers, and customers.
- Assist in developing short and long term strategies to reduce cost.
- Participate in and provide support for strategic projects.
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time delivery.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions.
- Administer established policies for personnel performance rating, manpower forecasting, training, problem review and salary administration.
- Work closely with scheduler for daily and weekly scheduling to optimize plant performance.
- Assist with prioritizing engineering, maintenance and production improvement projects.
- Perform any additional duties or assignments as requested by the General Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably Engineering.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Plant Manager role required.
- Vinyl, compounding, or extrusion experience preferred.
- Must be able to evaluate complex situations, balancing production efficiencies with available equipment and assets.
- Strong LEAN experience required.
- Must have strong problem solving/analytical skills.
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, and productivity processes.
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
Join Our Talent Network
Teknor Apex Glassdoor Reviews and Ratings
Reviews and Ratings on
"Amazing Experience! Great People to work for..."
- Processing Technician in Henderson, KY