- Job Ref:
- 751 Dupree St, Brownsville, TN 38012
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
As a Process Engineer in our Brownsville, TN facility, you will be responsible to develop and implement production, processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most cost efficient manner. You will be responsible to investigate and resolve work-in-process problems along with making recommendations and implementing improvements and modifications related to sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and related matters. Monitors assigned operations to assure compliance with approved methods and quality standards.
- Monitors the existing production process; particular attention is placed on products with a history of problems.
- Develops new production process methods based on their application and formulation of production.
- Works on projects to improve rates and set up standard formats for different processes.
- Assists is establishing specific work goals and performance standards in order to reduce reject rate and minimize downtime.
- Answers customer complaints and implements corrective action when necessary to resolve issues.
- Responsible for production trials; spearheading the production trial team at the plant to improve the success rate at the customer.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as as required.
Qualifications and Competencies
- BS or MS in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Polymer Science, Materials Science or related discipline.
- Good understanding of the formulation, material science and equipment involved.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Exposure to Six Sigma and Lean Experience preferred.
- Ability to work in and support an ISO 9000 environment.
- Knowledge in thermoplastics, polymer blends, and polymer compounding preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience preferred.
Our best performers possess the following core competencies:
Attention to Detail * Planning and Organizing * Teamwork * Impact and Influence * Critical Judgment * Analytical Thinking * Creativity & Innovation * Problem Solving * Concern for Safety
Teknor Apex has a long-standing history of caring for its employees. We are committed to the philosophy of providing employees with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
- Medical w/prescription drug coverage
- Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401k w/company match
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Wellness Program
- Service Recognition