- Job Ref:
- 41 Shipyard Rd, Singapore, SGP 62813
- Production and Operator
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
As a global leader in custom compounding, Teknor Apex has always ventured beyond the boundaries of traditional thinking, providing our employees with the freedom for innovative and strategic thought. With nine U.S. locations and operations in Belgium, Germany, Singapore, and China, we provide an atmosphere that stimulates and develops our diverse workforce in an effort to bring together the best ideas and talent across all divisions.
We are currently looking for a Process Engineer to be based in Singapore. The right candidate should possess interest in problem solving and good process engineering knowledge in a manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for establishing processing conditions for production equipment and improving production efficiency for plastics compounding.
- Develop new production process methods and flow based on their application and formulation of production.
- Monitors the existing production process, particular attention is placed on products with a history of problems and resolve any production problems involving compound formulation and process procedures by effectively integrating with Manufacturing, Laboratory and Technology.
- Interface with customers to resolve processing problems, answer customer complaints and implements corrective action when necessary to resolve issues.
- Conduct plant trials to qualify new process and scale up sample process to production units.
- Monitoring and maintaining QIR and IQS systems
- Work on projects to improve production rate and setup standard formats for different process.
- Assist in establishing specific work goals and performance standards in order to reduce reject rate and minimize downtime.
- Involve and communicate with related parties in new product process transfer from other plant.
- Work with relevant team to implement Management of change.
- Initiate revision of cost codes for polymer products that have changed processing requirements.
- Work with quality manager and production manager on improving overall production quality, participate in plant and companywide quality endeavors.
- Work with Operation Excellence manager and production manager to established systematic project management on process improvement and follow up methods or approaches
- Degree / Master degree in Polymers Sciences, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Diploma with at least 5 years working experience in polymer or compounding processing or related experience.
- Posse analytic skills, creative thinking, and good organizational skills.
- Requires a good understanding of the formulation, material science knowledge .
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Words and PowerPoint. With knowledge in Minitab and other data analytical tools will be with added advantage.
- Proficient in read and write English, able to speak/write Chinese, Malay or other languages will be added advantage.