Production/Manufacturing Helper - Temp/Temp to Hire
- Job Ref:
- 420 S 6th Ave, City of Industry, CA 91746
- Production and Operator
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
When Alfred Fain founded a small Rhode Island tire store in 1924, at the time no one could have predicted how Teknor Apex would become an international custom compounder sought out by companies around the world. After a nearly hundred-year journey that’s carried us through acquisitions and expansion, we now have nine U.S. locations, as well as operations in Belgium, Singapore, Germany, and China.
Throughout this global expansion Teknor has remained a privately held company, and today Fain’s grandson sits at the helm, maintaining the family’s tradition of fostering deep employee and customer relationships. These relationships are what allow us—together—to deliver customized compound solutions and help our customer’s create better products.
“Manufacturing is a team sport and we work together to achieve our goals.” ~Jon Fain, CEO
Join the team behind our custom compounds.
Teknor Apex California, located in City of Industry, currently seeks Production Helpers (Work Pool) for various shifts. Positions are temp/temp to hire through staffing agency.
- Assist with production line
- Material loading and unloading
- Operate or assist machine operators with machinery used in the production process
- Place products in equipment or on work surfaces for further processing, inspecting, or packing
- Clean production area and machinery
- Operate forklifts (stand up and sit down units)
- Helps ensure product conforms to specifications
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly
- Ability to read and comprehend English
- Ability to follow direction both verbal and written form
- Must have basic math and analytical skills
- Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate small hand tools
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- 6 months previous manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be willing & capable to train/work in other job classifications as needed, within the production dept.
- Forklift Operator Certification required (stand up and sit down units)
- Monday - Friday. Flexibility to work overtime and some Saturdays may be required.
- 1st Shift - 6:45 am - 3:30 pm
- 2nd Shift - 2:45 pm - 11:00 pm
- 3rd Shift - 10:45 pm - 7:00 am (week starts Sunday night at 10:45pm)
Starting pay: $17.52 per hour plus shift differential if applicable (35¢ per hour on 2nd shift; 60¢ per hour on 3rd shift)