QC Lab Technician - 2nd Shift
- Job Ref:
- 3518 Dillon Rd, Jamestown, NC 27282
- Chemist and Lab Tech
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
When Alfred Fain founded a small Rhode Island tire store in 1924, at the time no one could have predicted how Teknor Apex would become an international custom compounder sought out by companies around the world. After a nearly hundred-year journey that’s carried us through acquisitions and expansion, we now have nine U.S. locations, as well as operations in Belgium, Singapore, Germany, and China.
Throughout this global expansion Teknor has remained a privately held company, and today Fain’s grandson sits at the helm, maintaining the family’s tradition of fostering deep employee and customer relationships. These relationships are what allow us—together—to deliver customized compound solutions and help our customer’s create better products.
“Manufacturing is a team sport and we work together to achieve our goals.” ~Jon Fain, CEO
Join the Teknor Apex Team and you will enjoy many perks and benefits:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision with extremely LOW deductibles
• Low-cost insurance plan - 85% paid by the company
• Wellness program to earn substantial discounts for medical premiums
• Up to 7% Employer Contribution to 401K
• Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays
• Pay Increases throughout the first year of employment and annual merit increases
• Employee Recognition Program – earn points to purchase a wide variety of amazing products
Join the team behind our custom compounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make batch adjustments based on standardized procedures and guidelines
- Test raw materials based on standardized procedures; perform gage R & R studies; and complete other functions that may be assigned.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex numerical data is required. Proficiency with computers using Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook are also required. Must be able to recognize trends and adjust color based on trends.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 2-year degree in a science field; or one to three years related color experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong mathematical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work 1st shift immediately
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex numerical data is required
- Color vision with shade discrimination
- Proficiency with computers using Windows Operating Systems, Lotus Notes, and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, are also required
- Experience with color analysis and adjustment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Above average decision making responsibility
- Ability to work closely with the shift supervisor
- Excellent attendance and dependability
- Ability to work overtime to meet business demands
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Minimum 2 year degree in a science field; or one to three years related color experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.