Quality -Color Lab Technician 3rd Shift
- Job Ref:
- 2224 Atlanta Hwy SW, Gainesville, GA 30504
- Chemist and Lab Tech
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
In the role, you will be working in a lab environment to maintain quality control procedure and tests products to ensure conformance to specifications. This position will be responsible for developing color formulation to meet customer requirements. The position requires an understanding of how to mix colors together to make one color.
Essential Functions (Essential functions can be specific, critical and important duties, responsibilities and authorities which have significant impact on successful job performance. An essential function may not, necessarily, represent a significant percent of time spent. The essential functions include compliance with all policies, procedures, and rules as established. Job requirements are not limited to the essential functions discussed below. Similar or related duties may be required.)
- Have a good understanding of what type of pigments are suitable for specific color requirement.
- Perform color measurements and make critical visual color assessment.
- Interpreting color curves and generating color formulations using color software.
- Maintain and contribute to continuous improvement of systems and procedures.
- Computer data entry.
- Ideal candidate will be able to pass the Farnsworth/Munsell 100 hue test and be knowledgeable in pigment identification including properties, chemical classes and compatibility with polymers.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- Demonstrate superior color discrimination.
- Prior experience working in quality control or manufacturing environment
- Detail-oriented in weighing and cleaning equipment.
- Strong basic math skills, ability to perform basic math calculations
- Demonstrate thorough review of work and able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills required; Microsoft Office and able to understand data entry functions.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with accuracy
- Make quick decisions
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
- Must be capable of standing for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to lift bags of material up to and including 55 pounds safely