- Job Ref:
- 751 Dupree St, Brownsville, TN 38012
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Allow only personnel with I.D. badges through the gate.
- Individuals without an I.D. badge attempting to enter the plant must have approval from a member of the TA/TC. Security Guard is to detain these individuals until approval is authorized.
- The guard is not to be away from their station for more than twenty (20) minutes at any time unless for emergencies.
- The guard must remain at the Guardhouse awake, alert, and following all company policies (not playing games on cellphone or tablet) when not making rounds.
- Before making rounds, Monday - Friday 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m., the security guard will transfer calls to the security guard cellphone.
- Food and drink can be obtained from the break room, but breaks have to be taken in the guardhouse.
- No personal phone calls (medical emergencies exception) are to be made by the guard.
- A package pass is required when company property or any personal tools are taken out of the plant. This package pass must be signed by the General Manager or Maintenance Manager.
- In the absence of a guard, the turnstile must be locked.
- The truck gate adjacent to the guardhouse must be kept closed at all times, except as necessary.
- Shall maintain Form 0002285 Key Log anytime a key is checked out/in from the Key Cabinet. The guard shall maintain completed logs in a file in the guardhouse.
- Each shift guard must make certain the guardhouse is clean and in order.
- No solicitation or distribution of materials will be allowed on company property. Any attempts to do so must be immediately reported to the Safety Manager or General Manager.
- The Security Guards are not to accept packages containing money, lunches or valuables from TA/TN Company employees or other personnel to be held for pick up.
- All keys issued to and used by Security Personnel will be carried at all times. Keys will not be released to anyone except guard relief and management personnel.
- If a key is lost or a lock is broken, notify the Safety Manager.
- Maintain a Daily Shift Report documenting shift information and activities. If a safety or security incident has been logged, it must be highlighted in the report.
- Unlock the front office doors at 5:00 a.m. and the front door at 6:30 a.m.
- Tour the front office area between 5:00 am, 6:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. and check each office.
- The Security Guard must be aware before an employee is allowed back into the plant after leaving at shift change if an emergency occurs, they will have to account for those employees.
- Shall maintain Form 2612 Confined Space Key Check-out Log to address accountability of the Confined Space key. The guard shall maintain completed logs in a file in the guardhouse.
- Log in-coming and out-going phone calls on Form 2575 Telephone Log.
- The desk lamp shall remain on while the guardhouse is occupied as a means to communicate the guardhouse is manned and in service.
- Form 2613 Traffic Infraction shall be issued to anyone driving fast/wreckless/the wrong way, or parking in the wrong direction.
* Note: Lock ONLY the front lobby door between 4:30 pm – 4:35 pm.
Controlled Access to Plant and Grounds
- All vehicles entering the property will be logged in and out on TA TC Truck Log Form 2577 after proper identification has been presented and approved (Tractor/Trailer number).
- All vehicle registers (truck logs) will be utilized to obtain the pertinent information relating to vehicle entering the company’s property. A new form will be used for each shift of duty.
- It will be the responsibility of the Security Post Commander to submit the vehicle register along with the shift report to the company's Safety Manager. All reports pertaining to weekend coverage will be submitted on Monday morning.
- No employee vehicle, contract vehicle or equipment will be allowed beyond the gate without prior authorization. All vehicles and special deliveries without authorization must remain at the South Gate until a Tennessee Company official grants admittance. Company officials include Maintenance Manager, Safety Manager, Engineering Manager, and/or Night Supervisors.
- Bulk carriers arriving between 5:00 P.M. to 5:00 A.M. for general deliveries will be required to leave the company property and return during normal hours unless the appointment is for a later time.
- Common carriers delivering to Receiving between the hours of 2:00 P.M. to 7:15 A.M. will be required to leave the company property and return during normal hours.
- Any employee leaving the plant at anytime other than shift change or lunch will be logged in/out on the TA/TC general log Form 2578.
- Any employee of the Tennessee Company not scheduled for work will not be allowed to enter the plant without proper authorization from his/her supervisor.
- If law enforcement agencies are needed during a time other than normal working hours (7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.), security personnel will use their own judgment in contacting these agencies for assistance. When law enforcement agencies are called-in it will be documented in Daily Shift Report.
- During normal business hours, if trucks or vehicles are blocking the driveway or creating a bottleneck on the parking lot, the drivers will be instructed to park in the shipping area along the wall until their appointment time or they are able to be loaded/unloaded.
- All visitors must sign Form 2609 Visitor Guidelines.
- All contractors/vendors that will be on-site working shall be shown the Contractor Safety Video. Training must be documented on Form 2610 Contractor Safety Video Review and documented in the Contractor Log. Contractors and vendors will also be required to sign-in per Form 2581 Contractor Guidelines Log-In.
- Must have at a minimum of a high school education or GED.
- 3-5 years experience in a security capacity prior to starting this position required.
- Be able to use computer keyboard effectively.
- Communicate effectively on telephone.
- Have the ability to give accurate directions to our facility.
- Data Entry
- Create Spreadsheets
- Scanning / Email
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, & Excel
Essential Physical Requirements of the Job:
- Communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Be able to climb stairs and ladders as needed while making rounds