Senior Analytical Chemist
- Job Ref:
- 505 Central Ave, Pawtucket, RI 02861
- Chemist and Lab Tech
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Provide chemical analysis as a service to multiple divisions and functions within Teknor Apex including technical service, R&D, Regulatory, QC and Manufacturing.
- Develop appropriate analytical methods and methodologies for the analysis of plastic compounds using techniques such as chromatography, spectroscopy, thermal analysis, and wet chemical methods at an intermediate level
- Perform intermediate level deformulation analysis of polymer-containing compounds for the plastics industry as vinyl, TPE, and TPV, and nylon through use of analytical techniques and data interpretation
- Interpret analytical data and provide relevant data to support conclusions at an intermediate level
- Prepare reports written or oral for presentation to technical peers and customers
- Actively collaborate with technical peers on technical service and R&D projects
- Train and develop junior personnel
- Adhere to and promote all company initiatives related to safety and quality
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analyses for customer complaints using available analytical techniques.
- Perform hands-on work on analytical instrumentation and sample preparation using wet chemical methods
- Perform chemical analyses independently, as part of a team, or through supervision of laboratory technicians.
- Intermediate-level capability in the analyses of polymer-containing compounds for the plastics industry
- Intermediate experience in chemical analytical data interpretation relevant to the plastics industry
- Familiar with polymer chemistry
- Can problem solve and develop intermediate level analytical methods
- Effective oral and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Computer literacy
- Good communication ad reporting skills
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Position requires between 3-5 years of related analytical laboratory experience
- BS/BA degree in chemistry with emphasis on Analytical Chemistry and/or Polymer Science. Master’s degree preferred.
Join Our Talent Network
Teknor Apex Glassdoor Reviews and Ratings
Reviews and Ratings on
"Amazing Experience! Great People to work for..."
- Processing Technician in Henderson, KY