Teknor Apex has an exiting opening for a Staff Accountant! Mostly remote work, virtual training, flex hours, & multiple work locations to choose from!
Brownsville, TN : Henderson, KY : Leominster, MA : Pawtucket, RI
When Alfred Fain founded a small Rhode Island tire store in 1924, at the time no one could have predicted how Teknor Apex would become an international custom compounder sought out by companies around the world. After a nearly hundred-year journey that’s carried us through acquisitions and expansion, we now have nine U.S. locations, as well as operations in Belgium, Singapore, Germany, and China.
Throughout this global expansion Teknor has remained a privately held company, and today Fain’s grandson sits at the helm, maintaining the family’s tradition of fostering deep employee and customer relationships. These relationships are what allow us—together—to deliver customized compound solutions and help our customer’s create better products.
“Manufacturing is a team sport and we work together to achieve our goals.” ~Jon Fain, CEO
Join the team behind our custom compounds.
In this role you will have responsibilities as directed in the general accounting area. These responsibilities include completing varied monthly closing processes to record transactions, review of account balances, and analysis of monthly activity. You will also be responsible for the preparation of year-end audit schedules as directed, as well as recommending and implementing improvements in the processes and internal controls under your responsibility. Rotation through other positions within the finance department will be expected in order to gain an understanding of the entire finance function, drive teamwork within the department and broaden one's career development.
· Responsible for the Fixed Asset function which includes: oversee the opening and approval process of capital projects; communicate with project managers and tax department to determine project classification; track project accounting and spending; communicate with plant and project managers to close and capitalize projects; maintain documentation, general ledger and Sage Fixed Asset databases; ensure assets are disposed or impaired properly; and comply with company Capital Appropriation Policy procedures and requirements
· Review assigned balance sheet and income statement accounts; perform account and project reconciliations; check transactions for accuracy; research, correct and communicate any errors found
· Book and document all necessary journal entries to general ledger for completion of monthly and annual financial statements
· Prepare schedules and run reports for project managers, senior executive team and annual external audit
· Maintain and improve internal control documentation to ensure accuracy and mitigate risk.
· Maintain and improve desk procedures for reporting, journal entries, reconciliations, system processes, and regulatory compliance for assigned areas.
· Identify areas in need of process improvement and participate in and/or lead various team efforts to implement process improvement solutions.
· Bachelors’ degree in Accounting or Finance
· Up to four years’ experience working in general accounting
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
· Working knowledge of ERP systems and Sage Fixed Asset software helpful
· Strong Project Management skills
· Effective verbal and written communication with strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to multi task, think creatively, highly-driven, self-motivated, and work with all levels of management
· Versatility to move into other roles within the Finance Department to gain broad-based professional experience
Our successful employees demonstrate the following core competencies
Analytical Thinking * Attention to Detail * Planning and Organizing * Problem Solving * Strategic Thinking * Project Management * Creativity and Innovation * Decision Making * Financial Systems, Processes and Technology * Work Ethics and Values * Relationship Building * Interactive Communication * Inquisitive