Unit Operator - 3rd Shift (10:40pm - 7:00am)
- Job Ref:
- 1092 N Old Laurens Rd, Fountain Inn, SC 29644
- Production and Operator
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
When Alfred Fain founded a small Rhode Island tire store in 1924, at the time no one could have predicted how Teknor Apex would become an international custom compounder sought out by companies around the world. After a nearly hundred-year journey that’s carried us through acquisitions and expansion, we now have nine U.S. locations, as well as operations in Belgium, Singapore, Germany, and China.
Throughout this global expansion Teknor has remained a privately held company, and today Fain’s grandson sits at the helm, maintaining the family’s tradition of fostering deep employee and customer relationships. These relationships are what allow us—together—to deliver customized compound solutions and help our customer’s create better products.
“Manufacturing is a team sport and we work together to achieve our goals.” ~Jon Fain, CEO
Join the team behind our custom compounds.
A Blender Operator is responsible for converting a combination of specific additives into a powder mixture referred to as a “Dry Blend”. A Compounder is responsible for proper weighing of all Production runs as well as the organization and storage if all raw materials in accordance with Teknor Apex raw material program. A Packaging Operator is responsible for processing packing the finished PVC pellets into boxes and bags. The operator follows a schedule that provides details of how to package, what type of silos and labeling instructions are required. A Console Operator is responsible for the transfer of all bulk raw materials from the holding silos and tanks into the mixing vessels. The operator must follow computer generated load sheets that specify precisely how much of each bulk raw material is required.
- Ensures that all equipment necessary for melt mixing is operating safely and properly.
- Obtains all necessary processing instructions to produce pellets as per the manufacturing schedule.
- Follows all set up conditions. Maintains contact with crew lead and supervisor with questions regarding issues.
- Communicates all pertinent processing information or quality concerns with fellow operators, support personnel and relief operators. Reports all qualify or process issues to Lead or Supervisor.
- Provides break relief for fellow operators and is flexible to fill in on any job or line as needed.
- Successfully passes probationary period (90 days).
- Keeps a tidy workspace.
- Demonstrates teamwork attitude – willingness to help others and is available for overtime when colleagues are absent.
- Attends departmental meetings.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Handle, cut and dump bags weighing as much as 60 lbs. into blenders many times per shift
- Bend over box/drum scooping material at the same time, could have to load as much as 20,000- 40,000 pounds during a shift.
- Operate fork and hand trucks.
- Bend over inside blenders scraping walls.
- Ability to climb ladders or stairs.
- Handle drums and related equipment.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and lean over for a period of time.
- Ability to wear required safety equipment.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Ability to read and interpret documents ; must apply common sense understanding and have ability to problem solve.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to and interpret bar graphs.
- Possesses a strong work ethic and has regular and predictable attendance in order to meet the demands of a continuous production environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds multiple times per shift. Employees regularly climb stairs and work in a warm to hot environment.
- Typically trains on first shift for up to four weeks before being assigned to 2nd or 3rd shift. Works overtime including Saturdays and Sundays as required to meet customer demands.
- Able to drive a forklift safely and with a license. Appropriate PPE is provided and includes certified safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection and respirator as needed,
3rd Shift (10:40pm - 7:00am)
Teknor Apex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any protected status under state or federal laws.
Must be 18 years of age to work at Teknor Apex.