Unit Operator - Color
- Job Ref:
- 4545 N Jackson St, Jacksonville, TX 75766
- Production and Operator
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
Teknor Apex Company is a privately held, global material science company founded in 1924. We are headquartered in Pawtucket, Rhode Island with manufacturing operations in 9 states in the U.S., as well as Singapore, China, Belgium and Germany.
In all our businesses we pride ourselves on our commitment to technical innovation, quality products and custom service.
The Color Operator sets up, monitors and shuts down twin screw extruders and dry blending equipment. The role is responsible for quality control for the products made.
- Take apart, clean and reassemble equipment.
- Keep accurate records and notes on production sheets.
- Communicate with shift leaders about processing problems, trouble shoot and make permitted adjustments to equipment.
- Additional duties as required/requested
- Basic math, reading and writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to quality and detail
- Ability to troubleshoot processing problems
- Basic mechanical skills: hands-on working with tools, including but not limited to wrenches, scrappers, pliers etc.