Mechanical Engineer II
- Job Ref:
- 1092 N Old Laurens Rd, Fountain Inn, SC 29644
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
When Alfred Fain founded a small Rhode Island tire store in 1924, at the time no one could have predicted how Teknor Apex would become an international custom compounder sought out by companies around the world. After a nearly hundred-year journey that’s carried us through acquisitions and expansion, we now have nine U.S. locations, as well as operations in Belgium, Singapore, Germany, and China.
Throughout this global expansion Teknor has remained a privately held company, and today Fain’s grandson sits at the helm, maintaining the family’s tradition of fostering deep employee and customer relationships. These relationships are what allow us—together—to deliver customized compound solutions and help our customer’s create better products.
“Manufacturing is a team sport and we work together to achieve our goals.” ~Jon Fain, CEO
Join the team behind our custom compounds.
Join the Teknor Apex Team and you will enjoy many perks and benefits:
- Hybrid work schedule. In office on Tuesday and Thursday work from home Monday, Wednesday, & Friday!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision with extremely LOW deductibles
- Low-cost insurance plan - 85% paid by the company
- Wellness program to earn substantial discounts for medical premiums
- Up to 7% Employer Contribution to 401K
- Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition Program – earn points to purchase a wide variety of amazing products
Location base near the following areas:
Pawtucket, RI Brownsville, TN Fountain Inn, SC
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As part of the Corporate Engineering team the Mechanical Engineer II will participate and manage project teams to design, purchase, and install equipment. They will assist plants in troubleshooting and problem solving when called upon. They will also design new manufacturing processes for capital projects and optimize existing ones.
- Engineer new manufacturing lines and improve upon existing lines for plastics compounding facilities.
- Determine process parameters that influence machine specifications in order to specify equipment such as extruders, mixers, dryers, pumps and bulk pneumatic conveying systems.
- Engineer mechanical elements relating to projects for implementation.
- Create drawings for custom components such as chutes, platforms, receivers, hoppers, conveyors. Quote, purchase and oversee installation of designs.
- Automate new or existing processes using current technology.
- Contact manufacturers and vendors for equipment required to support proposed designs.
- 3D CAD design with a 3D first mentality using Solidworks.
- Works with manufacturers and vendors for equipment and materials required to support proposed design.
- Oversees construction of projects and signs off on acceptance of service/work required.
- On an ongoing basis, provides assistance to all Teknor Apex employees in retrieving past and present project information.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Provides technical support for facilities worldwide.
- Participates in maintenance as needed.
- Prioritizes and schedules project work.
- Prepares project budgets and measures progress.
- Reviews and approves purchase requisitions.
- Prepares and presents project status to senior managers.
- Travel up to 30% of the time to various plant locations
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5-7 years of experience in mechanical engineering with a focus on Project Management/Plant Engineering experience in manufacturing.
- Experience automating processes and completing automation projects required.
- Ability to evaluate production requirements and apply the appropriate solutions.
- Experience working or supporting manufacturing operations in a plastics compounding environment.
- Computer literate and knowledgeable in Solidworks and Project Software.
- Ability to solve problems through new procedures, systems, design modifications or recommending alternative equipment.
- Experience in equipment design and installation of plastic processing / compounding environment.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform duties under specific time requirements.
- Ability to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
Work Life Balance Eligibility:
- Hybrid Working 2-3 days per week in office.